Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Dad

My Dad is the most incredible man in the world, and I want to marry someone just like him. 
My Dad loves me. 
My Dad raised me. 
My Dad taught me to play sports, and my Dad coached me for years.
My Dad taught me to bounce, even when the other girls were twice my size. 
My Dad took me to the ER, hospital, and doctor each time I needed. 
My Dad took me hunting, and fishing; I remember when I caught my first fish. 
My Dad taught me to shoot a gun.
My Dad taught me to look at my surroundings, and he laughs at the fact that I am still directionally challenged. 
My Dad showed me how to find the elk in September in Estes Park, and his bugle is basically a perfected art.
My Dad taught me to ride my bike, and how to drive my car. 
My Dad taught me to read; one of my favorite memories is the two of us sitting on the couch in the basement is Cheyenne (the basement that he finished, of course) reading The Cat In The Hat. 
My Dad showed me how to train a dog. 
My Dad motivated me to pursue my dream of owning my dream dog; I now have two. 
My Dad taught me about insurance, and gave me my first job.
My Dad taught me that saving my money for something big is often a lot better than spending it constantly on silly little things. (Though my stuffed animal collection continued to grow regardless). 
My Dad helped me to graduate from high school. 
My Dad helped me to get into college. 
My Dad taught me about homeownership. 
My Dad helped me buy my first house. 
My Dad ripped up the carpet, and laid hardwood floors. 
My Dad helped me plant trees, and fertilize my yard. 
My Dad raised me on country music, and John Wayne movies. 
My Dad showed me how to combine work and play, and I still jump in the leaves after I rake the yard. 
My Dad raised me on Broncos, Avalanche, Nuggets, Rockies, and Rapids. 
My Dad taught me about responsibility. 
My Dad taught me to love. 
My Dad taught me to say goodbye. 
My Dad taught me when to hold on, and when to let go. 
My Dad showed me that I am worth loving, even though I constantly fail. 
My Dad gave me a glimpse of who God is, and what unconditional love looks like. 
My Dad baptized me, in our hot tub in Utah. 
My Dad laughs with me.
My Dad cries with me.
My Dad continually picks me up, and brushes off the dirt.
My Dad protects me.
My Dad trusts me.
My Dad keeps me safe from the guys that act like jerks.
My Dad has given me an example of what a Father should be. 
My Dad taught me the value of chocolate chip cookies. 
My Dad showed me the calming affect of sleeping under the stars.
My Dad holds me tight when I cry. 
My Dad taught me to look for God's plan.
My Dad continually reaffirms that God has someone special for me, even when my heart feels like it's breaking. 
My Dad is the greatest man I have ever met. 


I love you Daddy!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU! I know you are the perfect little Nertsky and someday, when God is ready, I will have to share you with somebody else. For now, I'm so blessed to have such an incredible daughter and I thank God he gave me you. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Daddy, by the way, not Drake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You opened my flood gate of tears......thank you for sharing all the great and wonderful memories you have of your precious Daddy! He is THE best Daddy in the world and I pray that you are blessed with a husband who will be as great a Daddy as yours is! Keep on praying! I am! I love you and am so very very proud of you! - Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I married someone that reminded me of our daddy :) And they are such good friends now! I'm praying for your husband and know he'll be good friends with them too :) and he WILL make you feel like you're the most precious thing in the world to him. Just like our daddy. I love you sissy, and I'm glad we're friends!

    PS-- Daddy does a good job picking out husbands. Maybe you should leave that job up to him :) less stressful.

    ReplyDelete