Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Organization.... Say What?

So... I just inwardly chuckled at myself for having such a dumb title, so please feel free to laugh with me. Sorry it's been a while. Life has been interesting lately. I recently quit my job at Alta Vista Chiropractic so that I could have more time to complete my college education. While I was working, I was doing the bare minimal to pass, and I decided that I wasn't getting my monies worth. I was lucky to have enough funds to do this for the next month, but money is definitely tight right now, and I'm trying to do my best to save it everywhere I can. (especially gas money..) 
The strange thing is, now that I have more time, I have less motivation it seems to spend that time on my school. I would much rather go spend the day with my Mom at her house, editing pictures from It'sALLgood's latest photo shoots, reading, writing, or playing the Sims3. (yes, I am 18 and I still play that beautiful, addicting game). With the holidays coming up, life is even more distracting. I definitely enjoy listening to Christmas music while I do my homework, but it's super hard to focus none the less. In an attempt to free up all my time next week (because for some reason, three of my five classes have assigned me homework due over Thanksgiving weekend... what is that about?!) I have been doing as much as possible for every class this week. 
I am taking four online classes, (Astronomy II, Spanish II, Humanities, and Literature) and they are all the shortened class periods. (I'm also taking Photography II, but it's not online) So, I'm basically doing 20 weeks worth of school work in 10 weeks, in an online classroom. It's a little bit more difficult to motivate myself, because I can't see my teacher. I can't get to know my classmates, or my teacher, and so I don't have the fear of letting them down. I typically thrive in situations when I have someone who I want to make proud, and it's just a little bit more difficult to find that in an online setting. Regardless, I really do appreciate the flexibility of online classes! 
Between yesterday and today I spent 15 hours working on my classes, and I only completed one major project, one discussion, 5 homework assignments, and one quiz. So I still have a long way to go before I am done for Thanksgiving! Needless to say, all those hours of working has made me feel a little bit brain dead. It's also making it very difficult for me to stay caught up on my house work. I haven't done my laundry for a couple weeks again, I haven't cleaned my bathroom, played with my dogs, taken out the trash, dusted, vacuumed, swept, etc. Nothing. The most I've done was to pick up my dirty laundry and put it in my laundry basket. 
I feel terribly unorganized, or at least unbalanced. Do you ever feel that way in your life? Even this little blog post feels really unorganized... like I am bouncing from topic to topic. (That's kind of how my brain works, I try to keep it on task when writing however).
Pretty much, my goal is to GET ORGANIZED. So, if you have any super ideas or hints that you would like to share with me, I'm all ears! 
Sorry for the randomness of this message... hopefully I'll get things in order soon and I can get back to more enjoyable writing :) 
Thanks,

Kortney

No comments:

Post a Comment