Monday, February 27, 2012

San Valentino ♥

Okay, so Valentines Day! 

Valentines Day we started out with classes. Then we had an INCREDIBLE chapel, with the message presented by Jordan. It was so good. I recorded it and I am so glad that I did. Jordan is one incredible young man, I'm really glad to be getting to know him. He's been a great friend so far!! And his message was heartwarming. In fact, it brought Robbie to tears. Jordan is just so very genuine! 

After chapel it was time for lunch. We were instructed to dress nice for San Valentino, so the guys were looking spiffy and the girls pretty classy. (or at least we weren't in t-shirts). The ladies went in and were seated (there were name tags), and then the guys were announced by Kyle piccolo. (That's how we distinguish between Kyle who works here {piccolo} and Kyle the student {grande}). They walked in with roses for each of the girls, and serenaded us with HUF Girls (My Girl) before presenting each of us with a rose. After lunch we had some free time, where we did some homework and hung out. 

For dinner William took me out to a cute little ristorante near the Duomo. As we were walking in he bought me a couple of roses from a street vender. We had some good pizza for dinner and then walked around Fiorenze for a while. We stopped and got some gelato on our way back in. Overall, it was a very nice night. :) 

When we got back, it was bed time! I think.. it's been so long I don't really remember. But I know nothing more eventful happened after that. 

And that's what happened on Valentines Day in Italy! 

I'm about to run into town (well, walk into town) to get some groceries. I'll try and get on soon, but the rest of the week is super packed and starting Saturday I'll be gone on my first FREE TRAVEL!!! SO excited. But I do have to tell you all about Rome and about the Opera and everything else that's happened in the last two weeks. I'M SO BEHIND!!! 

Until next time... 
Ciao!

Kortney Alacyn

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my girl! I love you so much! I remember a big part that you left out - maybe on purpose - LOL! The fiasco getting back to the villa! :) Keep the memories coming. It does my heart good to read about your adventures. I love your writing and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete